RE: issue-170

Hi Chris,

I agree DNT:0 should signal consent for tracking, but we have restricted “tracking” to be only “across multiple contexts”, which does not compute in Europe because here there needs to be a legal basis for processing (for any party not just third-parties). Anyway when we have got this issue out of the way I will emit more text.

mike

Sent: 07 June 2014 21:18
To: Mike O'Neill
Subject: Re: issue-170

Who's going to certify how DNT:0 was set? I agree with Roy, let industry self-regulation oversight programs (i.e. Council of Better Business Bureaus in the US) or regulators deal with bad actors, per enforcement of local codes, regulation, and laws. The bad actors aren't going to follow this spec anyway. In my experience around self-regulatory enforcement, the good actors have a vested interest in reporting the bad actors when they find them (simple market dynamics).

Industry needs an easy to determine signal to process at scale. If you see DNT:0, you have consent- simple as that.

- --
Chris Mejia