RE: extensions in Determining User Preference

On 2014-04-08 20:22, Shane M Wiley wrote:
> Mike and Team,
>
> I respectfully disagree - we agreed in the past to maintain a strict
> attachment to the web browser for v1 so to create alignment I believe
> "MUST" is appropriate here.

Dear Shane,

Could you give a reference to such an agreement? I am only aware of an
agreement to focus on the web browser, without wanting to preclude other
agents. Moreover, for all intents and purposes a browser plug-in is part
of the web browser.

Lastly, one must admire the tenacity with which you pursue including a
a) compliance rule in b) a technical specification for which c)
non-compliance is fundamentally not even detectable for the server. This
fits generally accepted notions of 'pointless'.

Regards,

  Walter