Action-410: Review issue-184 with Walter and Rob before merging/pending review

From: Rob van Eijk <rob@blaeu.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:35:16 +0200
To: <public-tracking@w3.org>, <peter@peterswire.net>

Hi Peter,

I have no competing text proposal. Just reviewed the discussion to make
sure I didn't overlook any emails. I agree with Jonathan's
interpretation of the purpose of issue-184 (ISSUE-184 is about whether a
first-party website can condition access to a service on consent to
tracking by third parties).

With this interpretation in mind, I tend to agree with Roy [1], that
turning off tracking is orthogonal to how content gets delivered to the
user agent. I therefore have no problem with issue-184. DNT-walls ('your
consent, or no content' would make a great bumpersticker) will
unfortunately be part of the media-ecosystem.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013May/0107.html