Re: F2F: Open Issues for the TPE Discussion on Tuesday

Hi Roy,

thanks for your input. I agree with your statement below. One questions:
- Do you have a suggestion how to distinguish between legacy user agents
that "violate" the spec (partially because they pre-existed) and user
agents that follow the spec?

IMHO nobody questions our agreement in ISSUE-4 (preferences MUST come
from the actual users). The discussion that has started is one I would
call a "quality of preference" discussion, i.e.,
under what circumstances do we deem a preference to be unbiased,
explicit and informed. Our current spec allows for any preference
expression, while the DAA proposal would like to
constrain the contexts under which such expressions of preference are
acceptable.

Regards,
matthias