Re: Moving "C"onsent from Tracking Status to Permitted Use?

Most users *never* visit our website directly (a common problem), and when
they arrive, if they are able to refuse an in-band exception, despite
having granted an out-of-band exception, then we must be able to rely on
the out-of-band exception.  We will also not be able to even query the
exception API, for a large portion of our hits, since JS will not be
allowed by the publishers.  That entire mechanism is basically useless for
us.  If it works for some sites, that's great; but I am fairly certain that
we will have to rely on out-of-band exceptions.

BTW, unless the spec is going to mandate a common per-machine repository
for exceptions, you will have a problem of different User Agents on a
machine having different sets of granted exceptions. It is not really "one
visit" to set the exception(s); it is at least one visit per UA profile.

--ronan