RE: Moving "C"onsent from Tracking Status to Permitted Use?

Hi Ronan,

A web-wide exception for a panel member would only take one visit to a site
with the same domain, or redirects through the same domain, as your 1x1 gif.
The DNT:0 signal is persistent, and only removable via user's explicit
action so there would be no change necessary to the publisher's site or need
to use an external library.

The web-wide exception is transparent and always under the control of the
user who can revoke it through their browser UI. An undefined out-of-band
mechanism cannot do that, and would be too open to being misused. Surely it
would be better to rely on the in-band mechanism to differentiate yourself
from your less respectable competition?

Mike