Re: TPE Handling Out-of-Band Consent (including ISSUE-152)

From: Ronan Heffernan <ronansan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:22:11 -0400
To: "Mike O'Neill" <michael.oneill@baycloud.com>
Cc: Rob van Eijk <rob@blaeu.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Justin Brookman <justin@cdt.org>, public-tracking@w3.org
We are not talking about connecting people's web history with long-duration
persistent identifiers, for any person who has not consented.  We are
talking about boiling any non-consented data down to the usual, acceptable,
level of de-identification for all non-consented users within, say,
48-hours (we could live with less; I don't know if every research company
can).

--ronan