Re: DNT:1 and "data append"

David,

As I understand it, some sites take the data they have gathered as a 1st party and append to it data that they have obtained elsewhere -- perhaps from a data broker.  I'm saying that as a user I expect to engage with a 1st party site.  I understand that the site will gather data about my visit there.  What I would not expect with DNT:1 is that the 1st party site would go elsewhere to obtain data and "append" it to the information about my visit to the site.

Does that make sense?

Best,
John