Re: Batch closing of issues (ISSUE-144, ISSUE-187) [pls Respond by Mar 22]

I don't think everyone's on the same page here.  Some participants have suggested that the following hold true in the new model:

-A website MUST call the exception API.
-A website MUST honor the result of the exception API.
-A browser MAY present a UI before an exception is allowed.
-A browser has discretion over its exception UI (e.g. MAY reject an exception if the user dismisses a balloon).

If that's the case, then I'm totally onboard.  But that would mean the new model is essentially the same as the old model, with a tiny change to the API structure.  Other participants have suggested the new model is something like:

-A website MAY call the exception API.
-There is no result for the API, it merely stores a control link.  The user would have to visit the control link to reject the exception.
-A browser MAY present a UI after an exception is stored.
-A browser has limited discretion over its exception UI (e.g. it cannot reject an exception if the user dismisses a balloon).

I would not be comfortable with any of these provisions.

At any rate, no point in debating this in the abstract.  It's a technical proposal.  Where's the latest text, and how does it line up against the two sets of views?  In the interim, ISSUE-187 should not be CLOSED.

Back to studying,
Jonathan