W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tracking@w3.org > March 2013

Re: DNT: Agenda for March 20 call

From: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:04:31 -0700
Message-ID: <CAFTK4k=pmBXZa6NpDKjaGqp-S75bmW=Yws62t9pPpiRMWrTKFA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net>
Cc: "<public-tracking@w3.org> Working Group" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Regrets, finals week. Ugh.

Jonathan

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Peter Swire wrote:

>
> Wednesday call March 20, 2013****
>
>  ****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
> Administrative****
>
>  ****
>
> Chair:  Peter Swire****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
>  ****
>
> 1.  Confirmation of scribe – glad to accept volunteer in advance****
>
>  ****
>
> 2.  Offline-caller-identification: ****
>
> If you intend to join the phone call, you must either associate your phone
> number with your IRC username once you've joined the call (command: "Zakim,
> [ID] is [name]" e.g., "Zakim, ??P19 is schunter" in my case), or let Nick
> know your phone number ahead of  time. If you are not comfortable with the
> Zakim IRC syntax for associating your phone number, please email your name
> and phone number to npdoty@w3.org <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> 'npdoty@w3.org');>. We want to reduce (in fact, eliminate) the time spent
> on the call identifying phone numbers. Note that if your number is not
> identified and you do not respond to off-the-phone reminders via IRC, you
> will be dropped from the call.****
>
> ** **
>
> 3.  Update on next face-to-face on May 6 to 8 near San Francisco.****
>
> ** **
>
> ---------------------------****
>
> Compliance Spec: Peter Swire****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
> ** **
>
>  4.  Process for developing agenda for a Wednesday discussion of user
> education and user interface.  Likely call on the topic for April 10,
> with initial proposed agenda items by the end of March.****
>
> ** **
>
> 5.   Compliance spec procedure: “pending review” and “closed” issues.  Numerous
> people have highlighted the dependencies within the compliance spec –
> willingness to reach agreement on one issue depends on the resolution of
> other issues.  In light of the relative difficulty of stakeholders
> agreeing that an issue is actually “closed,” the Chair’s proposed idea is
> to have “pending review” mean roughly “the text is stable and there is no
> other specific text on the table, so it would require an affirmative
> proposal that gains significant support for the issue to be brought up
> again for discussion.”  Assuming that we go forward with this approach,
> the editors would work on a new public draft, with clear labeling of what
> issues are closed, pending review, open, or raised.  ****
>
> ** **
>
> 6.  ISSUE-25, Audience Measurement.  Kathy Joe and her group have
> submitted a substantially revised proposal for audience measurement.  In
> addition, we have provided an attached document that collects prior text
> and links about market research, as well as the DAA text.****
>
> ** **
>
> 7.  ACTION-371: De-identification.  There has been considerable traffic
> on the list about this topic.  Dan Auerbach has drafted text.****
>
> ** **
>
> 8.  ACTION-372, service providers and debugging.  David Wainberg has
> submitted text, with Jonathan Mayer comments on the list.  Nick – please
> open an ISSUE for this.****
>
> ** **
>
> 9.  ACTION-373, append.  John Simpson has proposed text.  Aleecia
> MacDonald has said her text will be ready for next week’s call.****
>
>  ****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
> TPE: Matthias Schunter ****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
>  ****
>
> 10.   We will aim to hold time this week so Matthias can begin addressing
> these issues:****
>
> ** **
>
> ISSUE-112:****
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/112****
>
> - During the face2face we agreed to use cookie-like matching rules for****
>
> sub-domains****
>
>    The goal is to re-use the cookie matchingenging in the UA****
>
> - Question: Do we need any changes to the spec? If yes, who volunteers****
>
> to do/propose those changes?****
>
> ** **
>
> ISSUE-163:****
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/163****
>
> - We discussed that sites who do not follow the DNT preference****
>
>    for some (unspecified) reason can signal so using "!".****
>
>    Examples include testing, technical problems, or any other reason.****
>
> - David proposed corresponding text in ACTION-366****
>
> - I would like to gather feedback on this text****
>
>    and understand whether it is OK to introduce this text into the spec.**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> ISSUE-137:****
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/137****
>
> - We had disagreement whether a service provider MUST signal its****
>
> presence or not.****
>
> - David (ACTION-357) suggested that this debate is no longer applicable***
> *
>
> and that the concerns have been resolved:****
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/actions/357****
>
> - I would like to gather feedback on this text and understand whether****
>
> people agree with David.****
>
> ** **
>
> ISSUE-164: To what extent should the "same-party" attribute of tracking***
> *
>
> status resource be required****
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/164****
>
>   Rigo proposed text:****
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/actions/258****
>
> I would like to gather feedback and understand whether we can move****
>
> forward based on this text.****
>
> ** **
>
> ---------------------------****
>
>  ****
>
> Preview of March 27 call****
>
>  ****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
>  ****
>
> 11.  In the first half hour of next week’s call, we will have Rena Mears
> and another expert brief us on issues related to the financial auditing
> permitted use.  Until recently Rena was the global lead of the Privacy
> and Data Protection group at Deloitte and Touche.  For the compliance
> discussion, likely discussion of append, among other issues.****
>
>  ****
>
> ---------------------------****
>
>  ****
>
> 12.  Announce next meeting & adjourn****
>
>  ****
>
>  ****
>
> ================ Infrastructure =================****
>
>  ****
>
> Zakim teleconference bridge:****
>
> VoIP:    sip:zakim@voip.w3.org****
>
> Phone +1.617.761.6200 passcode TRACK (87225)****
>
> IRC Chat: irc.w3.org, port 6665, #dnt****
>
>  ****
> ****
>
>
> Professor Peter P. Swire
> C. William O'Neill Professor of Law
>     Ohio State University
> 240.994.4142
> www.peterswire.net
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
Received on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 17:05:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 3 November 2017 21:45:07 UTC