Re: DNT:1 and "data append"

Thanks, Ian

Well, I was thinking more of data that is gathered passively, rather than that which is voluntarily provided by the user for a specific transaction.

I guess I'd make it:

Normative:

When DNT:1 is received:
-- A 1st Party MUST NOT share share identifiable data with another party unless the data was provided voluntarily by the user and is necessary to complete a business transaction.
-- A 1st Party MUST NOT combine identifiable data from another party with data it has collected while a 1st Party.