Re: Chair's comment on charter renewal objection

It would be helpful (not to mention polite) for you not to attempt to take
my words out of context. The fact is, I absolutely don't agree that the
extension was right - and if it is in fact within the w3c rules to extend
a charter without discussion and over the objection of members, then --
with all due respect -- you may consider changing those rules if you want
to have a credible process.

The legitimacy of this extension is at question -- and will be the subject
of scrutiny by all of those who will need to implement these 'voluntary'
rules. Incidentally, a large swath of those who implement are not part of
the w3c and not privy to the W3C's rather unique operating procedures.