Re: June Change Proposal: Personalization

From: Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 17:05:58 -0700
Cc: Justin Brookman <jbrookman@cdt.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org Group WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
If, as it sounds, this is actually an editorial question of whether the "No Personalization" subsection of "General Principles for Permitted Uses" is redundant or clarifying, I won't create a separate issue.

I'm not aware of any arguments that DNT should prohibit personalization, for example, without data collection / from de-identified data, which would be a large change from current text and group agreements that I think you're not arguing for.

Thanks,
Nick