Re: Batch closing of TPE related issues

On Jun 18, 2013, at 9:59 , Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Rigo,
>
> Could you please opine on the proposal to allow OOBC to be recorded in the UGE registry with a pointer to the control mechanism?

That's almost the definition of in-band exceptions, isn't it?

So, in both OO and IN band you start by informing the user, and getting their consent.

Then, for in-band exceptions you call the API.  For OOBE you remember it somehow.

In either case, the well-known resource 'edit' link should tell you how to manage the condition.

> This appears to be the middle ground that would give users a consolidated place to view exceptions/OOBC and have direct links to exercise their choices.  This is NOT equating UGE to OOBC - but does give users centralized control.  Thoughts?

What are the differences then in your mind between in-band (recorded using the exception API and signalled with DNT:0) and out-of-band, exceptions?

> - Shane

David Singer