Re: Resignation from the Tracking Protection Working Group

Dear Jonathan,

thanks for all your contribution, especially the creation of a WiFi
access point while being in the EC's Berlaymont Building Cabinet room.
But I would also thank you for the contribution of text and insight.

Being impatient is a privilege of the young. And maybe you will be
happier in a faster moving privacy project that does not have to carry
the burden of consensus over many stakeholders. The challenges to
privacy and to democracy in the western world weren't laying as open in
front of us as in this interesting period of time. Governments, large
multi-national corporations and the combination thereof create an
environment where there is lots to do outside a boring consensus
process. I wish us that you will be successful with your endeavors to
increase the level of privacy in the world.

Your appeal to get faster to agreement is a nice reminder for all of us
that we have clear issues in front of us and that we will work towards
the resolution of those issues.

All the Best

 Rigo

P.S. to materially leave the Group, please inform your
AC Rep Natasha Noy (email on demand)