RE: helpful email exchanges

Jeff,

To help assuage your concern, please be assured that Industry is working on the broader responses to the group of questions (definitive answers, in writing) and I'm only trying to help on spot questions as they come up.  Chris Mejia and I were both on vacation this past week (and he is still on vacation for a few more days) so I apologize for the delay on responses during that time period.

- Shane

From: Jeffrey Chester [mailto:jeff@democraticmedia.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:21 PM
To: Peter Swire
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: Re: helpful email exchanges

I also thank Shane.  But it is a concern that the massive DAA complex--spanning the most powerful companies and trade organizations--is primarily relying on one individual to reply to these very critical questions--on the spot.  The online public requires definitive answers, in writing, on what the elements of its proposal really means,  and how it will actually affect the day-to-day data collection behavior of the members companies and its digital marketing ecosystem.

This process is deeply flawed.   It we were going to undergo a medical procedure, we would never permit such a lack of information and knowledge help determine our treatment decision.

Jeff

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550