Re: tracking-ISSUE-215: data hygiene approach / tracking of URL data and browsing activity [Compliance June]

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:46:33 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, Rob van Eijk <rob@blaeu.com>
On Wednesday 10 July 2013 07:25:35 Shane Wiley wrote:
> In the Aggregate Scoring path, the unique ID is retained but the URL
> is removed in its entirety and replaced with an aggregate score (for
> example, “interest in off-road vehicles = 12”).

So you're creating a profile of an ID. (e.g. is not really reasonable in
spending). You remove the raw tracks (as seen tempora article) and keep
the profile (is interested in tempora). But what do I do if I do not
want to add to my profile, if I don't want to be known to like tempora?
How can I opt out of the aggregate scoring? According to your plan,
sending DNT:1 doesn't seem to be sufficient. Not looking at the page?
That would be exactly the democratic fall out people fear. How can we
address that?

 --Rigo