Re: Issue for discussion on Wed - User Agent Compliance

Sure. First one was originally offered by Justin, and the second from me
is a client side version of Justin's use case.

1. Server side UA's - Amazon's Kindle Fire MITMs all network requests in
the cloud in order to more efficiently render them on the relatively
unsophisticated client.  So it's going to collect all the user's urls on
Amazon servers.  A prohibition on sharing that data wouldn't stop Amazon
from retaining the logs forever and using for OBA or anything else.

2. Client side UA's - Browser X takes all network interactions and: a)
provides raw data to advertisers, social networking platforms, publishers,
ad networks, etc for ad targeting or content customization across the web
and/or b) provides information derived from those network interactions to
advertisers, social networking platforms, publishers, ad networks, etc for
ad targeting or content customization across the web.

Does that help?

I'm wondering if Justin's approach might work better --- A UA is a third
party when engaging in behaviors outside XXXX uses.

Alan