Re: Issue for discussion on Wed - User Agent Compliance

I like the sentiment too, but I'm not sure either of these fixes the core concern.  If you're worried about a proxy browser like Amazon or Blackberry, sharing isn't really the concern if they can collect all your browsing and use it for their own purposes to serve you advertising.

Maybe just define a company that distributes or operates a browser (including proxy browsers) as a third party?  They can still collect/use/retain for permitted uses when DNT:1 is on, but not for OBA or anything else.  Pure client-side software shouldn't be affected.