Re: Confused by DAA's messages. Please explain

David,

On Tuesday 09 July 2013 14:39:36 David Singer wrote:
> Please be careful with the use of words; compliance is a statement
> about the spec., and the spec. doesn't require being able to send
> DNT:0.  Whether our EU users (or others) would find it desirable,
> necessary, or useful is something we're evaluating.  We're compliant;
> whether a DNT:0 choice is needed for some users is another question.

if you implement the exception mechanism and you can't send DNT:0, my
logic parser crashes on both, the Spec and your implementation. It is
not only EU. Everybody needs to express DNT:0. IMHO, this wasn't
sufficiently understood when the decision to leave DNT:0 out was made
(and I was drowned in legal stuff). You can leave DNT:0 out if you
hardcode your site to either deal somebody as DNT:1 or as a target.

The exception mechanism turning something to "unset" is again crashing
my semantic parser.

We had the discussion. As all the browsers said they really would like
to implement DNT:0, I didn't make noise. But it has to be clear that
implementing only two state makes the entire protocol and spec
inconsistent IMHO. Except if you have a 150% US pure site view like Roy
has. But then, the exception API is futile.

 --Rigo