Re: Issue-144 etc.

From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:32:01 +0100
To: <public-tracking@w3.org>
On 2013-01-31 14:04, Mike O'Neill wrote:
> The usual situation is that the data-controllers of embedded
> third-parties are US based and there is usually no contractual
> relationship between the first-party data-controller and the
> third-parties.

Which will make the first-party data controller responsible and in
breach of _current_ European legislation in this area. I agree that
DNT:unset is problematic in this area. While I see value in your
proposal, I'd like to see the same-party flag being included in it.
Basically, a first-party signalling a third-party that DNT:1 while the
user agent signals DNT:unset should also signal same-party to the user
agents that signal DNT:1 but are willing to make exceptions.

Regards,

  Walter