From: Nicholas Doty [mailto:npdoty@w3.org]
Sent: 16 January 2013 08:05
To: Tracking Protection Working Group
Subject: Re: tracking-ISSUE-191 (Descriptive DeID): Non-normative Discussion
of De-Identification [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

On Jan 15, 2013, at 12:11 PM, "Tracking Protection Working Group Issue
Tracker" <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> tracking-ISSUE-191 (Descriptive DeID): Non-normative Discussion of
De-Identification [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

> Major goals of these discussions include: (1) clarifying terminology
related to de-identification/delinking; (2) identifying threat models that
can result in re-identification; and (3) identifying the range of safeguards
that can respond to such threats.

> This issue is related to Issue 188, the definition of unlink ability.  The
new issue is specifically not aimed at designing/debating normative language
for the standard.  It is focused on the logically prior endeavor of getting
descriptive clarity.

As suggested on the call last week (ACTION-347), I've set up a wiki page we
can use to collect and annotate resources regarding de-identification:

	http://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/De-identification

Anyone with a W3C account can edit this wiki page. (I've put it within the
Privacy Interest Group wiki space rather than creating a separate one;
de-identification resources are likely to be of use beyond just this WG.)

I've collected the links Peter shared and a couple of academic papers,
clearly just a starting point. Add others!

-Nick