Re: TPE: Closing ISSUE-138 and implementing the change proposed by ACTION-179?

I am fine with beefing up the language.  The sentence after the one you quoted does put the onus on the site:

The call to store an exception must reflect the user's intention to grant an exception, at the time of the call. This intention must be determined by the site prior to each call to store an exception, at the time of the call.

There is also a Note:
The requirement for the site to determine the user's intention is new; previously the site was required to inform, but the final determination of intention was the responsibility of the UA. This version removes that split of user-determination, and leaves it solely with the site.

And in 6.7 (informative):
This section is non-normative.
As described above, it is the responsibility solely of the site making the call to determine that an exception grant reflects the user's informed consent at the time of the call.

It is expected that the site will explain, in its online content, the need for an exception, and the consequences of granting or denying an exception, to the user.

But perhaps a clearer paragraph is warranted.  Perhaps after the paragraph above we could write something simpler than originally proposed here, like this?

It is the responsibility solely of the party requesting an exception to explain to the user the scope of the exception, the reason it is needed, and the consequences of granting or denying the request, including identifying the ownership of liability. The site MUST acquire the user's informed consent immediately prior to making the call.