Re: tracking-ISSUE-190: Sites with multiple first parties [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:20:54 -0800
To: Tracking Protection Working Group <public-tracking@w3.org>
I am somewhat puzzled by what the issue is.

If there are sites that build in content from multiple parties, and the user expected them to be first parties -- or they are anyway -- they say so in their response header and/or well-known resource.

If there are sites that build content from multiple servers that are all the same party, they can say that in the well-known resource (same-party).

What doesn't work, or isn't clear, already?

On Jan 8, 2013, at 7:53 , Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> tracking-ISSUE-190: Sites with multiple first parties  [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/190
>
> Raised by: Matthias Schunter
> On product: Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
>
> Address how multiple first parties can be expressed in tracking status representation

David Singer