Re: ISSUE-239: Link to compliance document

On Dec 18, 2013, at 1:21 AM, Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>

> There is a 4th alternative:
> 4. - Absence of a link may mean that no compliance claims are made (beyond the signals of a TPE).

That's alternative (2) in my message, which is effectively the same as
(3 - default to privacy policy) as far as a client is concerned.

> E.g. a sign may provide transparency by claiming  "T" for tracking (and maybe more info at the well-known resource) without any compliance link. I.e. the site says "I am tracking you" (always) and the site (by not including a compliance link) does not make any more detailed claims what this may mean.

Yes, though note that "T" means data collected by the designated resource
might be used in tracking.  It does not indicate compliance (or lack of
compliance) with the user's preference (DNT:1).

....Roy