Re: ACTION-390: alternative UA affordances for DNT choice

Alan,

let me try with some alternative wording to overcome this
misunderstanding:

To turn DNT on:

1/ A user must be informed clearly and accurately about the choices
available before turning DNT on or off.

2/ When making the choice, the user must have access to explanatory text
to provide more detailed information about DNT functionality and the
parties involved in the DNT functionality

This takes away the "user agent". Your understanding of the Web is
narrowed by the entrenched discussion around defaults. But the issue
here is not defaults, but that the Web can run on everything. Thus you
have to address the requirements in a more neutral way so that it
doesn't say user agent, as your fridge is not the user agent in the
classic sense of a browser.

 --Rigo