Re: proposed TSV for potential consent

On Apr 23, 2013, at 1:07 AM, Rob van Eijk wrote:

> Counterproposal: Silence i.e. no text.
>
> OOBC for panel members and the problem of the pixels not being able to talk DNT is an innovation problem for audience measurement industry. Making the problem go away by not calling it a problem under DNT anymore is not acceptable for me and probably more privacy advocates.
>
> Rob

Why?  What is the privacy concern you have with the proposal?

The only personal data being used is with prior consent, and the
retention period for determining that consent is far shorter than
for any of the permitted uses.  That is a far more effective
solution than "not calling it a problem".

....Roy