Re: Down-scoping / narrowing of ISSUE-187: Right approach to exceptions

From: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:23:18 -0700
To: "Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>, Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
I'm totally fine with separating the exception consent standard and exception model discussions into separate ISSUEs.  That seems like reasonable organization.

If I'm not mistaken, we have a new status for an ISSUE that is resolved but with a deep dependency on the outcome of another ISSUE.  That seems to me the right status here: if we cannot establish a rigorous consent standard, then I (and based on discussions, several others) would not be comfortable with the new exception model.

Jonathan