From: Chris Mejia [mailto:chris.mejia@iab.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:19 PM
To: John Simpson; Jonathan Mayer
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org; Thomas Roessler - W3C; Nicholas "Nick" Doty - W3C
Subject: Re: Your W3C affiliation with Stanford University?

John,

I work for both the IAB and the DAA.  The IAB is a founding member of the DAA.  For the IAB, I'm a Director of Ad Technology.  For the DAA, I am Technology Director.  You may view more of my background if you like, here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismejia.  DAA is a member of the W3C.

Historically speaking, IAB U.S. was asked to participate in the working group.  Mike Zaneis was the first to participate from IAB.  Mike asked that I join, due to my role and background in ad technology and our industry.  Accordingly, I officially joined the forum just before the Washington DC face-to-face and have been a faithful participant (weekly, daily) since.

Nick Doty of the W3C, copied here, can clarify further if you like, but rather than spending everyone's bandwidth with a continuance of this as a public inquiry, you may want to take it offline (just a suggestion- but your call).

And I'll point out John, that my two emails to Jonathan today were both offline, until he posted my private emails (addressed just to him) on this public thread- I'm equally dismayed.

Chris

Chris Mejia | Digital Supply Chain Solutions | Ad Technology Group | Interactive Advertising Bureau - IAB