Re: tracking-ISSUE-184 (Walter van Holst): 3rd party dependencies in 1st party content [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

On 10/24/12 10:01 PM, Chris Mejia wrote:
> Walter,
>
> With reference to your last point, "to what extent is such consent
> informed, genuine and meaningful?", I'd like to point out that this group
> has largely rejected the same principals of meaningful and genuine
> informed consent when it comes to requirements on agents sending DNT
> signals.  For example, sanctions on browsers and UAs that set DNT for the
> user by default.

Dear Chris,

You are rather quick to assume that I have proposes a solution in the
form of sanctions. Which I have not done so far. I do have solutions in
mind, but these may very well miss the point. So I'd like to get
feedback on this issue, preferably in other forms than out-of-hand
dismissions of solutions that haven't even been proposed.

Regards,

 Walter