Re: ACTION-306: Declared Data Definition

Hi Shane,

Would your definition of declared data include either search queries or a user clicking on a 'Like' or '+1'?   I like your examples of information provided on a site registration or contest entry form but think we need to be clearer to exclude search queries or clicks on Like/+1.  I believe the user would consider both of those as observed behavior and not part of its registration with that party.

-Vinay

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:53 PM
To: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Subject: ACTION-306: Declared Data Definition

Proposed text per our discussions in Amsterdam.

Tracking Compliance and Scope
Related to ISSUE-54: Can first parties use declared data while in a 3rd party context?

Declared Data:  Information directly and expressly supplied by a user to a party through meaningful interaction with that party.

Examples would include most situations where a user is asked to enter data into a form for submission, such as a site registration process or contest entry form.