Re: False patent claims

(forgive me for intruding... I'm not a WG member and just observing.)

Hi Peter,

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of the W3C PAG process
is to handle exceptions, so that all WG members can continue to work
towards a standard that can be licensed under RF terms (i.e.,
non-discriminatory and royalty-free), without having to also think about
potential patent issues in addition to the substance of the standard.

And the PAG inherits the public nature of the WG, so it will be public,
just not mixed up with the substance of the WG until the PAG needs to
interact with the WG (e.g., surveying WG members, reporting to the WG,
etc.).

best, Joe