Re: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

On Monday 04 June 2012 13:43:09 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Please understand that a server would not be required to ignore
> an invalid DNT field -- they just have the right to because the
> protocol exchange is invalid.

Roy, they could send a no-ACK feedback (header) back and be still
compliant to DNT as this would be a legitimate response in the DNT
spec. Personally, I think this would be the better solution. This
would fit the legal dependencies and would work in all use cases,
even in those raised by Tamir. There are other opinions though that
would only see a compliance if DNT;1 is respected and solve the case
in question by saying that this is legitimate but non-compliant
behavior.

Rigo