Re: [Issue-5][Action-78] Remember to forget me

JC,

Thanks for the feedback. Please see my response bellow.

> - After the retention period corresponding to each of the exemption
> has been reached, the 3rd party operator MUST erase the referrer
> header of entries flagged with DNT:1 and either erase or de-identify
> the rest of the entry.  -   To de-identify the data, the 3rd party
> operator MUST replace semi-identifiers by fix values  (i.e IP=0.0.0.0,
> UA=ZZZ).
> Are you indicating that 3^rd parties must go back through raw logs or
> processed data to erase the referrer de-identify the entry? If the
> former this will near impossible for companies who collect an enormous
> amount of logs daily.

I'm considering raw logs here. I don't think that it is as complicated
as it seems for two reasons:
1) Entries with DNT:1 logs could be kept separated from the other logs.
2) Search engines apply different process to their logs at different
point in time. For instance, Microsoft delete IP from Bing logs after 6
months and other sessions ID after 18 months

> - A User-Agent sending DNT:1 MAY prevent the transmission of cookies
> and other identifiers that are sent with the request.
> If cookie suppression occurs at the client it will override exceptions
> that may be place for a site.

The cookie would not be deleted, it'll in the browser but it won't be
sent in a request when DNT:1 is set. I think user managed exception
could prevail to server managed exceptions. I left it as a MAY to
support both options.

Vincent