From: John Simpson [mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:51 PM
To: Tom Lowenthal
Cc: Bryan Sullivan; Shane Wiley; Jonathan Mayer; JC Cannon; public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Fate-sharing for ad behavioral targeting and other forms of personalization (ISSUE-36)

Agree with Tom's proposed text.

On Jan 31, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Tom Lowenthal wrote:

ISSUE-36 Action-63

Proposed text:

"This standard provides general requirements on data collection, use,
and disclosure. These requirements are not specific to behavioral
advertising."

On 01/26/2012 07:29 PM, Bryan Sullivan wrote:

I agree, either a direct statement such as suggested or

"This standard does not single out any particular use of data for special
treatment under DNT, other than the cases of specific exemption."

But I like Shane's wording better.