Re: Request for comments on priorities for DNT

I’m in favor of not echoing previous comments.

My hope for the process is it will end up with something that is 1) possible to implement on the web, and 2) it does not give web users false sense of privacy. This is a rather pragmatic goal, and I expect that in the end that different local legal and self-regulatory frameworks will relate to any technical standard in (slightly) different ways.

A technical standard cannot solve privacy issues globally. I hope it provide the mechanics to the web that makes the standard meaningful for users with or without additional layers provided by local laws or various self-regulatory frameworks.

Best,

Haakon Flage Bratsberg

--
Haakon Flage Bratsberg