Re: action-231, issue-153 requirements on other software that sets DNT headers

From: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:23:05 -0400
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Here's a screenshot.

Again, I personally agree there are problems with relying on this type
of mechanism as 'express user preference', but in spite of that, it is
commonly used in a lot of contexts.

Second, I'm wondering if people feel that by rejecting this approach, we
are veering into UI-constraint land?

On 8/22/2012 6:15 PM, David Singer wrote:
> Perhaps we should wait to see the actual product; we may be off into hypothetical weeds here.

win8.png
(image/png attachment: win8.png)