From: Justin Brookman [mailto:jbrookman@cdt.org]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 1:01 PM
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: ACTION-152 - Write up logged-in-means-out-of-band-consent

I continue to think that logged-in state should be irrelevant, and that whoever wants to get permission to track despite a DNT signal should have to do so pursuant to clear and prominent notice.

Shane, just so I understand your view of the logged-in/out-of-band consent exception, walk me through how it would apply to Yahoo!  Yahoo! will publicly state that they are W3C/DNT compliant, but for people who register for Yahoo! mail, Yahoo! could reserve the right to ignore the header within a terms of service agreement for Yahoo! third-party ads.  If that's your vision, it seems like a perverse result that would seriously compromise the value of the DNT setting, but perhaps I am misunderstanding you.  If that's not your vision, please tell me how the spec would avoid such a scenario.

Sent via mobile, please excuse curtness and typos