Re: [ISSUE-81, ACTION-13] Response Header Format

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:40:30 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Matthias Schunter <mts@zurich.ibm.com>, public-tracking@w3.org
* Karl Dubost wrote:
>Le 28 oct. 2011 à 16:09, Roy T. Fielding a écrit :
>> the past, and it is extremely unlikely that such businesses would engage
>> in third-party tracking.
>
>Google Analytics, maps, Amazon bookstore author sites, some CDNs, etc.

You can set up a server that collects no data whatsoever but happens to
embed resources hosted by a third party that "tracks". As I read it, Roy
does not consider the first party to engage in third party tracking, so
http://example.com/google/maps plus http://example.com/bing/maps on the
same host where the dnt policy is idependently controlled is unlikely.
You on the other hand seem to be saying that in my example the response
to the dnt signal would have to consider the third party dnt policy?