Re: Draft Language on Interaction with Third-Party Content

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:01:22 -0700
To: "public-tracking@w3.org Group WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>

On Oct 28, 2011, at 9:06 , David Wainberg wrote:

> To throw another use case into the mix. What about URL shorteners -- 1st or 3rd party. Does the user's clicking the link create consent for tracking?

Let me make sure of the scenario; the page loads 3rd party 'ad' content, with a click-URL that is to a shortener site?  Then the user clicks, and both the shortener site (which does a redirect) and the final site get to know that.  Can they now track?  I think, if we have a "you chose to interact" exception, the answer is 'yes'.

David Singer