Re: tracking-ISSUE-81: Do we need a response at all from server?

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:34:23 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>, Lee Tien <tien@eff.org>, JC Cannon <jccannon@microsoft.com>, Matthias Schunter <mts@zurich.ibm.com>
Karl,

the Privacy Dashboard has already such a logging capacity.
http://code.w3.org/privacy-dashboard/

but experience from there shows that we are far away from product quality of
such logging (performance issues and query interface complexities). The
simpler DNT remains, the more we will likely be able to record our own trails.

So I'm with you on being careful about requesting such a logging. I think it
will be a feature where browsers will compete to attract users

Best,

Rigo