Straw poll: dinner Monday 31 October

From: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:14:39 -0700
To: Tracking Protection Working Group WG <public-tracking@w3.org>
Greetings.

I am trying to pull together an optional self-hosted dinner on Monday night. The hotel is in an area that is mostly office parks, so we face some challenges. Options:

	- Birk's: easy walk, American food, will only do one check for all of us
	- Pedro's Cantina: still walking distance, Mexican food, will do a few checks but not even one check per table
	- Substantially more options if people have cars…

The hotel restaurant (Parcel 104) cannot accommodate a group our size that night, and would also not do separate checks in any case. Not an option.

So I am trying to figure out the following before I continue:

	- How many are actually interested? Halloween in San Francisco is a particularly tantalizing alternative for many people, so we may have a smaller group than I have been trying to make reservations for.
	- Of interested people, how many have access to cars and are willing to offer rides?
	- Am I correct in assuming most people need receipts to submit for expense accounts? Is Birk's "one check only" policy a deal killer?