Re: Propose to drop from the strawman: requirement for privacy policy disclosure

A statement in a privacy policy is per se a legal statement. It is a
legal and political issue, the effects of which may vary from
jurisdiction to jurisdiction. I'm not sure we can say whether it creates
any additional liability for a network, much less what that liability
might be.

More important to me is a bigger picture conceptual issue about what
this group and standard can accomplish. In my view this is not the right
venue for making legal or other requirements with regard to a company's
business practices beyond the technical implementation of the standard
and the collection and use of relevant data. I think it should be enough
for this group to provide the framework and leave these other issues to
other entities, probably on a jurisdiction by jurisdiction basis.