Re: Summary of compliance issues raised

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:27:05 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: "Aleecia M. McDonald" <aleecia@aleecia.com>
Hi all,

I do not find it very efficient to start re-inventing the wheel while the OECD
Privacy Guidelines talk about "data subject" since 1980. This terminology is
much older (seventies) and was also taken up by later works in this area.
"User" and "Consumer" are not the only data subjects who can be tracked. Can
we remain consistent?

Best,

Rigo