Re: Action 13 - Mandatory Server Response

* Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>The effect of such variance is a tripling of the cache space
>required for every resource on that site, for those caches that
>support Vary, or a disabling of all shared caching for those
>caches that do not support Vary.

If the only difference is the response header, then that is all that
would have to be stored, which would not cost all that much in an en-
vironment that is properly optimized. I do agree however that it is
unrealistic and probably harmful to base any design on the assumption
that such optimizations can and will be deployed without difficulty,
particularily given flaws in already widely deployed implementations.