RE: [ACTION-20] First parties signaling exceptions to third parties

>My guess is it will be more common for 1st parties to store the exception in association with accounts rather than specific cookies, though clearly the cookie-only case is possible.

I do not have any documented stats to back up my hunch, but my personal experience is that the vast majority of web browsing (and therefore ad serving and stats tracking etc) happens in a non-logged-in and therefore account-less state.  I do not think it's very realistic for site owners to only seek exceptions from logged-in users, nor to require visitors to create an account simply to opt back in to being tracked.  Hence, I still believe cookie opt-ins will be prevalent.