Re: "cross-site"

Isn't the "cross-site" or "across-site" definition all we need? If a 1st
party has cross-site data, wasn't it, by definition, collected as a 3rd
party in some contexts? So what would be 1st party cross-site data? Is
there such a thing? If all the data is collected in the 1st party
context, haven't we all but agreed that it won't be within our
definition of cross-site tracking? Or are some people saying that a
party that has a 1st party relationship with a user has an unqualified
ability to collect data on completely unrelated sites, even with DNT:1?