Re: Action 32 -- Proposed language for site-specific exception

ACTION-32

Le 9 nov. 2011 à 17:26, Nicholas Doty a écrit :
> a user would have to manually manage on a site-by-site basis if they decided they wanted to opt-out again.

and they will not, because of users would not know what it means.

Le 9 nov. 2011 à 19:20, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> would likely be a mechanism similar to how browsers let you configure
> per-site geo location access permissions,

note this is currently working because:

1. Not too many sites are asking for geolocation
2. Geolocation is something the user might need
   (very important. It is a confirmation request)
3. The request is for one precise feature: location
4. Location is an understood physical concept.

It's why blocking cookies on requests doesn't work.
Any sites where we go we receive tons of requests.
One cookie is a compilation of a lot of information.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/