Re: Should we treat 1st and 3rd parties differently?

* Kevin Smith wrote:
>I don't actually consider that to be a misnomer.  That is exactly what I
>believe cross tracking to mean.  Do not mix data from this site with
>data from that site.  So, Do Not Cross Track would not prevent tracking,
>just cross-tracking.

Well, "tracking is the collection and retention of transactional data"
per the current draft of the "compliance" specification, with various
caveats, but that is the gist of it. I think it is misleading to say
"tracking" is about collection and retention but cross-tracking covers
only usage. If you'd call this something like "no usage of cross-site
tracking data", that would be much clearer.