Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

These compatibility events can be considered as the 'legacy Pointer
Events'. You can rely on them instead of registering events for every
pointer inputs.

While these can be a problem when you do implement event registration for
every pointer input, this is (unfortunately? fortunately? I am not sure)
atypical.

The short term way of improving this would be to add a property on
compatibility mouse events that regards them as simulated and the long term
of improving this would be Pointer Events.

I think adding this developer toggler would be bad for two reasons -
- It encourages touch (or specific input) only implementations (you get
better performance if you disable compatibility mouse events and your
*primary* audience is smartphones with touch screens, so this is enough.
The hell with the rest).
- It can interfere with third party scripts you may add (even analytical
ones), or any code that you do not control.

☆*PhistucK*